Friday, January 18, 2008

Emily's First cut and color by Sam



So earlier this week I ran over at my sister Jen's house to pick something up.  It was suppose to be a quick trip...run in, run out.  However, we started talking and the kids wandered off downstairs.  This normally wouldn't be a big deal but Jen is a hairstylist and has a salon in her basement.  By the time we went down there it was too late...Sam had poured a tub of powdered bleach over Emily's head, sprayed it with a water bottle, and caked pomade on it.  Jen had a doctors appointment to go to so we weren't able to rinse it out right then.  By the time I got home it was too late and the damage had already been done.  There were 3 bleached orange spots- a circle right on top, an oval, and a strip across the back, as you can see in the first picture.  When I combed it out hair started falling out in clumps and I thought I was going to be sick.  Ryan was home and I was even more afraid of what his reaction would be when he saw his precious little girls hair in a pile on the side of the bathtub.  Surprisingly he wasn't upset at all, just amused by the whole thing.  Thankfully Jen has awesome color skills and was able to fix the color so that now you would never know it was ever orange.  However when she blow dried it 1 inch sections of hair started sticking up and we realized that the we were so focused on the color drama we hadn't even noticed it had been cut.  We asked Emily while she was still in Jen's chair if Sam cut her hair.  She proudly said, "NO, Emmie do it all by myself."  She proceeded to show us exactly how she turned on the clippers and then lifted the clippers right to the bald spots.   That is the only part that is still noticeable.  We are glad we can say it could have been worse.... 

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness!! What a not so fun thing to happen to your daughter Amy!!! I bet you were just sick!!! I am glad she had fun doing it though!! LOL She was so proud of her work!! ;)

Vanderlinden Clan said...

I just keep saying, it could've been worse!!

Jared & Tami said...

I'm sorry, but thats to funny. I did worse when I was little just ask Ryan. It could of been worse. You are lucky Jen could fix it. :)

Tam

Dana Marie said...

How cute! They do make dolls with "growing" hair kids can cut. I remember always wanting one, and ending up cutting Barbie's hair instead lol!