Friday, April 18, 2008

ISAC is 10 today!


Today is Isac's 10th birthday. Hello double digits! It is hard to believe that ten years have past since he arrived. Where does the time go and why do kids grow up so fast? He used to be my little curly headed baby boy and now he is this person that lives in my house that can be like a complete stranger at times! Don't get me wrong it's not always that way but watching your kids grow up is not easy. With Isac I learned how to be a mother (and I am still learning). We sometimes joke that he is our trial child...we are learning the ropes with him, working out all the kinks, and then we will hopefully do a better job with the next two! I think back to the day he was born, and can see what a blessing and sacrifice it has been to have him in my life. While the circumstances surrounding his birth were not exactly ideal, if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't change a thing. I can't imagine what life would be like without my GOOFY Isac around! He adds so much to our family and always makes things interesting and keeps us on our toes! He is a great big brother and it has been fun to watch him love Emily & Mack. I think with every child you have an idea or expectation of how they will be but I am learning that they are who they are and sometimes it's even better than what you had in mind. That is the case with Isac. I am grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted him to our care and I hope that we can do a sufficient job! Happy Birthday Isac!! We love you! Now let's CELEBRATE!!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful tribute to Isac! I can't believe how much he's grown since we met you 5 years ago!