Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Joy to my heart.


I forgot to mention that Emily "graduated" from preschool last month. As part of the "ceremony" her teacher had each child come up individually to get their diploma and then took a minute to kind of spotlight each one. She told about one quality that they each had that stood out this year or that she would remember about them. One boy was a leader and everyone wanted to follow him. One girl did all of her work perfect. One always wanted to be first at everything and so on. Emily was the last to have a turn and I was beginning to wonder what she would say about her. I thought she might be remembered as the loud one. Or the one who wanted to answer all the questions (she's kind of a know it all).
I was thrilled when she was deemed the kind & tenderhearted one. Her teacher told about how she always plays with kids who are sad or need someone to play with. I can't think of a better quality I would like her to have. Kindness will get her far in life. I was quite proud on my tenderhearted girl.

1 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Sweet, sweet little Emily. Let's hope that is one characteristic that sticks forever!