Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our camera has been missing for awhile. I have turned the house upside down looking for it but no luck. I was convinced that my dad must have taken it without permission on his latest trip to the Philippines. The missing camera plus the fact that I have been working more has meant a lot less time spent wasted on the computer. Plus with all the nice weather this week the kids and I have been spending the afternoons outside in the sunshine and so I decided to start on a project I have been putting off for too long. This beauty has been hanging out in our dining room for at least a month now and it is driving me crazy.When we started working on it guess what Ryan found in one of the drawers...

The camera.

Anyways we are glad to have it back but even more excited to work on this 'diamond in the rough'. It is a hideous, FREE desk that I saw tons of potential in. I have sanded it down and hope to slap on a coat of paint today, add some new handles, and then VOILA a lovely new addition for Isac's room.
Wish me luck...you should have seen the muddy mess Mack & Emily created while I attempted to work on it yesterday.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I stumbled on your blog when I was looking at Lisa's, hope that's okay.

Too funny about the camera! What a great reward for starting a project :) I have plenty of those "diamond in the rough" projects at my house. If you finish...you mind coming down the street to motivate me? :)

Candice said...

That is an awesome desk. I hope Isac appreciates all the work to make it look good.

CasaJenkins said...

That is a nice desk, I am sure it will be a treasure when you are done with it : )