Monday, August 10, 2009

Today we are headed out to my nieces birthday party. It made me think about her birthday last year, which I never got around to blogging about at the time, but the events of that day definitely deserve a post.So this is Rachel.
She is the middle child.
She is the sweet, creative child.
She is the emotional child.
She has 3 sisters.
I can understand Rachel and the lot she has in life.
This is Rachel's dad.
He is cheap. Very cheap.
He has 4 daughters.
This is Rachel's older sister Coral.
She is the firstborn.
Last year for her birthday she got to have a party at
Hollywood Connection.
She got to invite whoever she wanted.

Rachel didn't make the cut.
And for some reason their parents went along with it.

Rachel was sad.
Rachel was emotional.
Rachel's dad, in an attempt to console his middle daughter told her that when it was her birthday, he would take her to
Wal-Mart and she could choose anything she wanted.

Did I mention above that Rachel is smart?
No?

Rachel had 3 months to make her plan.
And when August 2nd rolled around,
Rachel chose this....

And the only thing her dad could do was buy it for her.
And I laughed.

And now just for kicks...can you believe how young my babies looked just 1 year ago?

1 comments:

Tanya said...

Amy--I love your blog. You're witty and hilarious! Thanks for sharing. It was great to see you last week. Take good care, Tan & all