Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Birthday Shout Out to my Baby Sister...

Today is my sister Arin's birthday and she is growing up...26, that's an adult age right, close to my 27. Being so close in age and only a grade apart, I think we were about as close as siblings can get to being twins without actually being twins. I am very lucky to have her around...she has always been an exceptional friend, roommate, confidante, & critic. Thank you for helping me be who I am and for showing me how I can grow and be better. I appreciate your encouragement, advise, & example. I am proud of who you are & the life you have made. And even though you are not always as nice to me as you should be, I will never be able to repay you for the things you have done & still do for me. I am so excited for little Stockton to get here so I can attempt to spoil him like you have spoiled my kids. I treasure all of the memories I have of us growing up together and look forward to creating many more. I hope 26 is a great year. Happy Birthday!

It's funny how you're still goofy looking after all these years!

2 comments:

The Nickell Family said...

Happy Birthday Arin!

Vanderlinden Clan said...

Happy Birthday, little Sis! I have to agree you are the best baby sis a person could have! I'm glad we have all been so close, more like triplets if you ask me. :) Thanks for always being such an important part of my life, past present & future. Especially thanks for the fun walks lately. I will sure miss that once you guys are gone! Best wishes for the best year yet!