Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthdays, Birthdays, More Birthdays...


Today my firstborn turns 11.

It is hard to believe that eleven years have passed since
we made our earthly introduction
and began this journey of life together.

It is a pleasure to be his mother, most of the time anyways.
Last year I made a tribute post that you can read here if you are interested.
And there are some photos here.
This year I don't want to get into all that...

I just want to say that I adore that boy, always have, always will.

And these are a few things that I want to remember about him at age 11.
I do it on the blog for lack of a better place. So here we go:

The name Isac means HE WHO LAUGHS. I had no idea how appropriate this name would be when I gave it to him.
He is our funny man, always trying to keep things light and make everyone laugh.
Do you think names are inspired to go with specific kids or do you think that kids live up to or become, if you will,
the names they are given?
Just wondering.

Isac is not a studious student. This used to drive me insane.
I am over it, kind of.
I think this is the first year that he "got it" about report cards.
He isn't an outstanding student, but he wants to learn.
Isac loves to read. He might be a little lazy about his school work, but he has a thirst for knowledge that draws him to books. I have recently turned him on to my latest obsession...audiobooks and it is a connection that we are both enjoying.
I love it when I find him in his room reading or listening when it's not a "scheduled" reading time or when I assume he is doing something else.
A pleasure I tell you, pleasure.

He is a sponge. But he has a bad short term memory. I have finally figured out and accepted that he REALLY can't help it, most of the time.

Right now dinos are his thing. He wants to be a palentologist.
I hope that if that is his dream he will chase it.
Still I am leaning toward a career in advertising or marketing.
He has a serious knack for memorizing commercials. It is embrassing to admit how much TV he watches but I am pretty sure he could recite any current or recent commercial.

He has never had any musical training but this kid can keep a beat and make up all kinds of rhythms...this skill might be beneficial in his future line of work...

He is willing to work when he needs money for something specific.
Once he has it it burns a hole in his pocket.
He doesn't get that from me.

Isac wants to be outdoors all the time. He could care less about sports. Not a competitive bone in his body, well maybe a small one.
But seriously give him a few sticks and he is good for hours. Hours people.
And he even gets attached, some sticks even have names.

He doesn't like to wear shoes that tie.

And he tickles everyone. ALOT.

He has a SMILE-SMIRK that makes my HEART melt.

I love this boy more every year.

Happy Birthday Isac.

4 comments:

Jared & Tami said...

Happy Birthday " BILL" we love ya!!! Wish we were there to celebrate with you ! Have a great day

Sheri said...

Happy B-day Stick Boy. We love having you as our neighbor.

Candice said...

Happy Birthday Isac! Thanks for always making us laugh too!!

Arin and Troy said...

Happy Birthday Isac, I just can't believe you really are 11 years old!! Remember, "What if Isac stayed 11 forever? I would want one as a pet!!" ha ha ha ha ha...