Monday, May 26, 2008

"The Best Day of 4th Grade" according to Isac

I am late in posting this, but Mountain Man Rendezvous finally came! I am pretty sure Isac has been looking forward to this day his entire school career and now he claims that it was by far "The Best Day of 4th Grade." A group of real Mountain Men come to the school with their teepees, etc and the kids spend the whole day outside doing activities including archery, throwing tomahawks, listening to tall-tales, working with leather, spinning wool, dipping candles, panning for 'gold", and lots more. Jen was kind to watch the kiddos at the last minute so that I could go up to observe and participate a little (lucky for me I happened to be there just in time for the yummy Dutch Oven lunch). I loved activities like this as a kid, so I was excited to be there. I was too busy having a good time to take many pictures but I did get these.
The "Pie-Eating Contest"
Isac's favorite part was trying to catch this Rainbow Trout with his bare hands. Then they gutted them...GROSS!!!Lining up for Elk Stew

3 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

Is Isac sure it was the best day of 4th grade or was it the best day in the history of his school career?

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

I wondered the same thing myself, but since I was quoting him I thought I should be accurate!

Candice said...

Katrina loved it too. I forbid her from bringing her fish home. I am such a mean Mom! I didn't want it hot and stinky in her back pack.