Tuesday, May 13, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ DEAR!!

Today is my big sister's 29th Birthday! She is felling like she is getting old so I thought I would post some pictures of her younger days. I have so many wonderful memories of our childhood together. Being the oldest sister she was nicknamed Bossy Boosie. While it was annoying at times to never get to be the "Teacher" or have much of a say in our activities I am grateful that she took such a leading role in my life. She has always been like the mother of the family and one of my best examples. I could go on and on about her amazing strengths and awesome qualities and how much I have always looked up to her, but I am a little late in making this post and I just want to get it done! So T thanks for all that you have done, all that you still do, and all that you are. We love you and are truly blessed to have you as our sister, our aunt, & most importantly our friend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
This is one of my all time favorite photos
How did I survive?
Does this look like Mack as a girl and Emily with blonde hair to anyone else but me?
My first haircut by Jen. She had talent even from the beginning!

6 comments:

Vanderlinden Clan said...

thanks for the sweet tribute; it always helps to see through someone else's eyes. I love the pics. I'm glad you uploaded them. My favorite has to be the one of the 3 of us. We came into this world best friends, and that's exactly how I plan to go out of it!!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Jen!

Amy, thanks for writing a comment on my new blog, I just love comments. :) I added both you and Jen as my friends, I hope that's okay.

-Bekah

Vanderlinden Clan said...

I definitely see Mack, but mostly I just see Sam in me. Think of that look that Sam does when he half closes his eyes and looks to the side. I totally see me in that, but Mack wins the Amy vote. (and he looks like Sam, too :) )

Ganny said...

How sweet!!!!! Love ganny

Brooke said...

Cute pictures! What a nice sister you are. :) We are finally back from California. I've got lots of stories for you!

Arin and Troy said...

You really are the best older sister anyone could ask for! Thanks for being such a great example for me and Amy to follow!