Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I once was lost, but now I'm found...


...our ipod that is! It was stolen out of our car a few months ago. We filed a police report just incase it turned up in a pawn shop, but we did not expect to ever get it back. I was so bummed, especially because it makes working at 4 a.m. a little more pleasant. I am usually pretty accepting and forgiving of people who make bad choices or live different lifestyles, however I can not stand when people take things that don't belong to them. Thanks to my dad and a grocery store clerk, I learned at an early age that stealing is not ok. Since then our family home has be broken into more than once and I have had several things taken from me. I don't like thieves. So now fast forward to this morning. We received a call from a detective who found our ipod in a pawnshop! He brought it right over. It was missing the headphones, cover, and car adapter, but it came back to us! Great work Mr. Detective! Remember to remove valuables from your car and lock your doors, even if you think we live in a "safe" area. The officer said that this individual was going up and down streets at night looking for unlocked cars. He also said that criminals target this area particularly because people are too trusting. No more unlocked doors at the Harvey House! We are locking up and celebrating the return of an old friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally figured out the blog address. Good news about your iPOD. Now Ryan can hear Glen Beck more often! And what did I tell you about that show I saw Amy where the meth head said and did the exact thing that happened. Yeah I am actually locking up now too. And Tell that MACSTER if he is already 1 year old he better start walking that tub of lard of his around soon or there is going to be big trouble and Will sill beat him to it. Hope you get this. D

Vanderlinden Clan said...

I still can't believe that!! I agree with you about thieves; no explanation for that...

Stirling's said...

That's it! I made Scott go back upstairs because I forgot to lock the cars...I am so sorry that happened to you, we have been stolen from before but nothing has ever been recovered! Congratulations