Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're Back...

We had a fabulous time in Oklahoma, but we are all glad to be home. The kids got so mixed up and out of a routine, they are almost as happy to be back to their own beds as I am! They have gone to bed and down for naps incredibly easy since returning home and that makes life good, especially after a week of car naps and late bedtimes. This trip was exhausting, emotionally and physically, and refreshing at the same time. It was great visiting family and catching up with old friends. Sunday included a trip to the small church branch I attended when I lived there. I needed the reminder of the strength and testimonies of the people I learned so much from. Gramp's corn maize was AWESOME!!! We ate at all of my favorite places, and I loved sharing my past with Ryan and the kids. But the best part was watching my littles play in the same places and ways that I played as a kid. I had a wonderful childhood there, and I hope Isac & Emily made some happy memories there too. I think we need to make this trip an October tradition.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

It sounds like you had a great time. It is always fun to go visit where you came from. It is even nicer to come back to the place you now call "home". I am happy you are back, neighbor!

The Nickell Family said...

I'm so glad you had a nice time. Even though it's fun to get away it's always nice to come back to your own bed and get back into a routine.

Arin and Troy said...

When are you going to post more pictures??!!! I want to see the maze!